Interns are integral to the success of our farm and garden program. Here are a few things interns experience:
- Witness the first push of the seedlings out of soil blocks in the greenhouse
- Teach children how to groom a horse
- Assist with first aid and routine medical care for all animals
- Tap trees, collect sap, and boil it into delicious maple syrup
- Lead farm-based educational activities for students and campers
- Graze the sheep, pigs, and chickens on rotation
- Plan and partake in special farm activities like garden harvest and farm festival
Farm life runs the gamut from mucking out horse stalls to scrubbing vegetables for use in the kitchen. Because of the strong integration between the farm and the children's program, farm interns take part in the daily lives of students and campers, often serving as teachers and mentors. Given the fast-paced and multi-faceted responsibilities, flexibility and adaptability are important characteristics of interns and volunteers.
Internships are either 3 to 4 or 12-month arrangements. Credit for school can be arranged, and we are happy to work with those who have a specific interest or project idea. A modest stipend and health insurance are supplied for yearlong internships. All interns receive free room and board. Please send a cover letter and resume to Farm Manager Joshua Faller at email@example.com.
Intern Job Description: Available by request from Farm Manager Joshua Faller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Internship: Available by request from Farm Manager Joshua Faller at email@example.com
North Country School and Camp Treetops have a long history of volunteerism—many people have helped in many ways over the years. We are now starting to formalize volunteerism for the farm to help us match the right people to the right projects so that needs are met effectively. Volunteers can teach a specific class, offer capable hands during busy times, or even lend expertise by fixing a piece of equipment. Volunteers help NCS and CTT thrive! For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-518-523-9329.